Bulk password reset is an easy plugin that can help you reset all the password of the users or the users in a specific category. Optionally you can add a e-mail note and set the default password.
It is free to use in both commercial and personal projects, just like WordPress is.
- Simple installation
- Selection for user groups
- Adjustment of the outgoing message
Below some important links with can help you for addition research to find answers regarding the plugin:
The following features are included in this plugin:
- Users : Bulk reset the password of users.
- E-mail : An e-mail can be sent to all the users to reset the password.
- Additional message : Add an additional message to the e-mail message.
- Several options : Options to sent e-mail or change password nag
Copyright 2009-2014 by Ruben Woudsma. The plugin is based on the template
plugin template and furthermore several functions have been copied
from yoast.com his Google Analytics plugin. I would like to thank
both Joost van de Valk and Pressography.com for a look
into their code.
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
(at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA
- Upload the files to wp-content/plugins/bulk_password_reset
- Activate the plugin
- Navigate to Users –> Bulk password reset
- Select the users or categories and reset the password.
That’s it … Have fun
- Have a question? Make a thread in the support forum and we will get back to you.
Contributors & Developers
“Bulk Password Reset” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Bulk Password Reset” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
V1.3.3 – 04-09-2015
- FIX: Type in reset function (used $ID in stead of $id)
V1.3.2 – 20-08-2015
- FIX: Only execute script/style on BPR admin page
- FIX: implemented send notification
- FIX: i18n description text
- FIX: Deprecated function update_usermeta
- NEW: Added userlist function to perform reset from user table (experimental)
V1.2.1 – 21-04-2015
- FIX: Minor change within the strings used for sending the request (probs: whitsey)
V1.2 – 28-08-2014
- FIX: Removed several notices and warning debug messages
- FIX: Solved an issue regarding invalid key message after clicking link in email
- FIX: Modified the layout of the email message as returns where displayed as /r/n
- NEW: Added Spanish translation of the Plugin (probs: Marcelo Pedra )
- NEW: Added plugin icon to support the new WordPress 4.0 plugin directory
- TODO: Fix issue regarding opening/closing postboxes
V1.1 – 24-10-2013
- FIX: Some grammatical errors have been removed from the system
- FIX: Styling of the postboxes on the right hand side of the admin interface
- NEW: Experimental implementation of logging functionality of the processing
- NEW: Added header image for the WordPress plugin repository
V1.0 – 14-09-2011
- FIX : Fixed an issue about wrong data type (credits: tosho and proximity2008)
- FIX : Advanced setting with jQuery no longer working (credits: eastwoodarts)
- FIX : Minor update to the Dutch language pack
V0.9 – 07.12.2009
- FIX : Dutch language support
- FIX : Add extra message to outgoing mail
- NEW : Add own authentication mail
- NEW : Add own password
- NEW : Extra option added for changing password nag
- FIX : Update translation .pot file
V0.7 – 02.12.2009
- CHANGE : Rewrote function into php class
- CHANGE : Renamed plugin from ‘bulk_reset_password’ to ‘bulk_password_reset’
- NEW : Added css for success message
- NEW : Language support included
- FIX : Some small code changes
V0.5 – 28.11.2009
- NEW : Admin page
- NEW : Role group selection
- NEW : Advanced settings
- NEW : Reset password
- NEW : Send activation mail
- NEW : Add additional message