The subscribe to comments checkbox is a simple plugin that will allow you to add subscribe checkbox message below comments on your website and it will also send automatic email when the comment get replied.
To add the comment email subscribe notification message all you need to do is to activate the plugin and it will be added automatically.
The plugin also allow you to see under the “comments” section in wordpress admin panel all the user that subscribed to the comment reply in your blog posts & pages and you will be able to see who get mail and who didn’t.
Comments Subscribe Checkbox Features
- Comment subscribe notification message below the comment box
- Comments users management system
- Automatic email message that will be send to every user who subscribed to the comment
- The ability to unsubscribe from getting new comments on the site
- Hebrew (only frontend code)
About the author & license
This plugin was brought to you for free by YYDevelopment under GPLv2 license.
The plugin is 100% free and we intend to keep it that way in the future as well. You are free to use this plugin and all our other free wordpress plugins for your projects, your client’s projects or for anything else you need.
If this plugin was helpful for you please share it online and if you get a chance to give it a positive review we will appreciate that.
If have any problems or questions regarding our comments subscribe checkbox plugin submit a ticket and we will be happy to help.
By the way, we are based in Israel so we welcome you to visit our Hebrew site as well YYDevelopment Israel if you are fellow Israeli.
Help support us with a coffee donation
Don’t you just hate it when you download a plugin and you find out that in order to use it you have to buy a pro version?
Even bigger problem is when you use a plugin and then just out of the blue the developer decides to add a pro version and he either changes the way the plugin works or he converts some of the free functions to paid ones.
We sure did hate that and a few years back we decided to start creating some of the plugins ourselves and we decided to share them all with the WordPress community 100% FREE.
Nowadays we have more than 15 plugins and you can download and use them all for free by Clicking Here.
If you liked this plugin and you want to help support our cause, buy us a coffee. Studies show that coffee helps with creating WordPress plugins.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload the plugin files to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/comments-subscribe-checkbox’ directory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- View users subscribe page under “comments” on the admin panel
Do I need to take any action to make this plugin work?
All you need to do it to install and activate the plugin.
How to view users who subscribe to comments?
You can view all users who subscribed to comments in order to get email notification under the “comments” section on the admin panel/
How to remove user email subscription?
Each user will get email notification when there is a reply to his comment. In that email he will have the option to unsubscribe from getting new comments.
You will also have the ability to unsubscribe users from the “comments” >> “Comments Subscribers” section in the admin panel.
Contributors & Developers
“Subscribe To Comments Checkbox” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Subscribe To Comments Checkbox” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Subscribe To Comments Plugin Launch
- CSS changes
- Fixing PHP warnings
- Fixing Slashes Problem
- Css changes
- Plugin name change
- Adding settings page
- CSS changes
- Change text domain
- Added global rating message block
- Added nonce to plugin
- CSS Adjustments for older browsers
- Fixing w3c error
- Fixing grammar
- Fixing “count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable” error
- Fixing unsubscribe error
- Fixing error for automatic unsubscribe because wp_mail
- Added donation button to the plugin description
- Escaping data better
- Removing comments subscribe from database after they get deleted
- Translate the plugin to english better
- Added filter to make changes on the site