Credo enables easier, intelligent, and rewarding payments for businesses and consumers alike, by combining the best of digital payments and digital innovation.
With Credo for WooCommerce, you can accept payments via:
- Credit/Debit Cards: Visa, Mastercard, Verve
- Bank transfer (Nigeria)
- Many more coming soon
- Easy onboarding. Start receiving payments instantly. Go from sign-up to your first real transaction in as little as 5 minutes
- Settlement the way you want them.
- Simple, transparent pricing—no hidden charges or fees
- Advance fraud protection
- Your business growth our promise
- Understand your customers better through a simple and elegant dashboard
- Access to attentive, empathetic customer support 24/7
- Free updates as we launch new features and payment options
- Integration as easy as ABC
Sign up on credocentral.com/register to get started.
This plugin is meant to be used by merchants in Nigeria
- Accept payment via Mastercard, Visa, Verve and Bank Transfer,
- Seamless integration into the WooCommerce checkout page. Accept payment directly on your site
- Go to WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New from the left-hand menu
- In the search box type Credo WooCommerce Payment Gateway
- Click on Install now when you see Credo WooCommerce Payment Gateway to install the plugin
- After installation, activate the plugin.
Credo Setup and Configuration
- Go to WooCommerce > Settings and click on the Payments tab
- You’ll see Credo listed along with your other payment methods. Click Set Up
- On the next screen, configure the plugin. There is a selection of options on the screen. Read what each one does below.
- Enable/Disable – Check this checkbox to Enable Credo on your store’s checkout
- Title – This will represent Credo on your list of Payment options during checkout. It guides users to know which option to select to pay with Credo. Title is set to “Debit/Credit Cards” by default, but you can change it to suit your needs.
- Description – This controls the message that appears under the payment fields on the checkout page. Use this space to give more details to customers about what Credo is and what payment methods they can use with it.
- Test Mode – Check this to enable test mode. When selected, the fields in step six will say “Test” instead of “Live.” Test mode enables you to test payments before going live. The orders process with test payment methods, no money is involved so there is no risk. You can uncheck this when your store is ready to accept real payments.
- Payment Option – Select how Credo gateway displays to your customers. A popup displays Credo Gateway on the same page, while Redirect will redirect your customer to Credo Gateway page for payment.
- API Keys – The next two text boxes are for your Credo API keys, which you can get from your Credo Dashboard. If you enabled Test Mode in step four, then you’ll need to use your test API keys here. Otherwise, you can enter your live keys.
- Additional Settings – While not necessary for the plugin to function, there are some extra configuration options you have here. You can do things like add custom metadata to your transactions (the data will show up on your Credo dashboard) or use Credo’s Dynamic settlement feature. The tooltips next to the options provide more information on what they do.
- Click on Save Changes to update the settings.
To account for poor network connections, which can sometimes affect order status updates after a transaction, we strongly recommend that you set a Webhook URL on your Credo dashboard. This way, whenever a transaction is complete on your store, we’ll send a notification to the Webhook URL, which will update the order and mark it as paid. You can set this up by using the URL in red at the top of the Settings page. Just copy the URL and save it as your webhook URL on your Credo dashboard under __Settings > webhook tab.
If you do not find Credo on the Payment method options, please go through the settings again and ensure that:
- You’ve checked the “Enable/Disable” checkbox
- You’ve entered your API Keys in the appropriate field
- You’ve clicked on Save Changes during setup
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Credo WooCommerce Payment Gateway” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
1.0.0 – July 24, 2023
- First release
1.0.1 – August 22, 2023
- Added Assets
1.0.6 – September 21, 2023
- Updated banners and icons
- Updated Dynamic Settlement Settings
1.0.7 – October 8, 2023
- Added Pop up payment option