Ever have one erroneously entered custom field name confuse all of your users and you just can’t figure out how to get rid of it? Delete Custom Fields will let you delete every instance of a custom field from your site. Once your remove a custom field using this plugin it will not appear in your list of custom fields when you edit a post or page.
- Activate the plugin and visit Tools→Delete Custom Fields to use it.
- One of my users added the wrong custom field and now everyone is confused. Will this plugin help?
- Is there any way to restore my custom fields once I delete them?
Contributors & Developers
“Delete Custom Fields” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Delete Custom Fields” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fix browser incompatibility that was preventing form submission
- Process all requests using AJAX, allowing for deletion of thousands of custom fields.
- Deletion now displays detailed debugging and progress information
- Delete all instances of custom field and not just ten at a time
- Display up to 100 custom fields
- Added option to show hidden custom fields
- First version