GoDaddy Payments for WooCommerce is a payment gateway plugin that enables your U.S.-based business to accept any major credit or debit card directly on your WooCommerce site.
For in-person retailers, GoDaddy Payments provides a seamless connection between your online and offline business. Allow Buy Online, Pay In Store to connect with your local customers – use the “Sell in person” option to seamlessly sync pickup orders with your GoDaddy Payments Smart Terminal. You can take payment online or when the order is picked up in store, mark orders “ready” for pickup or delivery, and automatically notify customers of changes in the pickup or delivery order.
Using GoDaddy Payments to process your WooCommerce store’s credit card payments has benefits for both your store and your customers. With GoDaddy Payments your business can:
Get started quickly and manage your online store easily.
- Start taking secure payments in minutes with a quick & easy setup, no setup fees and no contracts.
- Get paid faster – receiving your funds the next business day.
- Pay a low, simple transaction fee at 2.3% + 30c per transaction.
- Significantly reduce your PCI compliance responsibility. GoDaddy Payments uses hosted iframes to ensure payment data never touches and is never stored on your site’s servers.
- Dedicated support from WooCommerce experts to help you get started processing payments.
Provide a better shopping experience.
- Use any major credit or debit card including Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express®, Discover®, Diner’s Club®, JCB®, and UnionPay®.
- Support Buy Online, Pickup in Store (BOPIS) for any WooCommerce merchant with the GoDaddy Payments smart terminal.
- Keep customers in your online store with a seamless experience. Your customers enter payment details directly on your site in an integrated, mobile-friendly checkout form.
- Reduce abandoned cart losses with detailed decline messages that help customers correct mistakes at checkout.
- Provide faster checkout on future orders by allowing customers to save payment methods easily and securely.
Benefit from a payment plugin built for WooCommerce.
- Complete transactions quickly by authorizing charges at checkout, then capturing them later through the WooCommerce Orders page.
- Enjoy faster, easier order management, by processing refunds and voids directly through WooCommerce – with no need to log into your merchant account.
- Sell subscriptions or accept pre-orders with full support for WooCommerce Subscriptions and WooCommerce Pre-Orders!
What are the requirements to use GoDaddy Payments for WooCommerce?
Your site must meet the following requirements:
- Your store must be located in the United States.
- Your store currency must be set to United States (US) dollar ($).
- PHP 7.0+ (you can find this under WooCommerce > Status)
- WordPress 5.2+
- WooCommerce 4.0+
How do I find my credentials and connect my WooCommerce store to GoDaddy Payments?
You can sign up here.
You can connect to GoDaddy Payments by following these steps:
- Login to your GoDaddy Payments dashboard and go to Advanced Tools > Business Settings > Contact Info.
- Copy your Application ID and Private Key in the Poynt Collect API Settings section.
- In your WooCommerce store, go to WooCommerce > Settings > Payments > Credit Card and paste these credentials in the Application ID and Private Key fields.
- Click Save Changes.
You may now enable the gateway and start processing payments with GoDaddy Payments!
Does this plugin support recurring / subscription payments?
Yes! This plugin supports tokenization, which is required for recurring payments such as those created with WooCommerce Subscriptions.
How does this plugin support testing?
This plugin includes an Environment setting that you can use to switch between staging and production modes. This makes it easy for you to test the plugin without activating live payments! We recommend performing all testing on a staging site and in the staging environment.
Will this plugin work with my site’s theme?
This plugin should work nicely with any WooCommerce compatible theme (such as Storefront), but some themes may require custom styling for a perfect fit. For assistance with theme customization, please visit the WooCommerce Codex.
Help! I’m having trouble with this plugin.
Having trouble? Follow these steps to make sure everything is setup correctly before sending a support request from the Get Help link on the settings page:
- Please ensure that your site meets the plugin requirements.
- Confirm that your credentials are correct.
- Review this documentation and other FAQs to see if they address your question.
- Enable the Debug Mode setting (under WooCommerce > Settings > Payments > Credit Card), process a test transaction, and review the error codes / messages provided by GoDaddy Payments in the logs (displayed at checkout and/or under WooCommerce > Status > Logs). In some cases, such as a transaction being held for review or declined, the plugin cannot change the issue, and it must be resolved in your GoDaddy Payments account. If the error code indicates an issue with the plugin, please contact our team from the Get Help link on the settings page!
Where can I get support, request new features, or report bugs?
First, please review this documentation to see if it addresses your question. If not, please get in touch with us through the Get Help link on the WooCommerce > Settings > Payments > Credit Card page.
Contributors & Developers
“GoDaddy Payments for WooCommerce” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “GoDaddy Payments for WooCommerce” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
2023.02.02 – version 1.4.1
- Fix – Resolve fatal error due to missing file
2023.02.02 – version 1.4.0
- Fix – Partial capture support
- Misc – Use updated GoDaddy Payments frontend script URL
- Misc – Require PHP 7.4 and WordPress 5.6
2022.11.30 – version 1.3.4
- Tweak – Update smart terminal product page URL
2022.11.07 – version 1.3.3
- Fix – Improve handling of unknown country code errors at checkout
2022.09.15 – version 1.3.2
- Fix – Bug on My Account – Payment Methods page with other gateways installed
2022.06.16 – version 1.3.1
- Fix – Staging mode checkout form
2022.05.12 – version 1.3.0
- Feature – You can now let customer buy online and pickup orders in store with GoDaddy Smart Terminal!
- Feature – Adds a Sell in Person gateway type to support Buy Online, Pickup in Store (BOPIS)
- Misc – Updated the plugin name from “Poynt – A GoDaddy Brand” to “GoDaddy Payments”
2022.03.10 – version 1.2.3
- Misc – Update the staging API endpoint
2021.08.26 – version 1.2.2
- Fix – Address a fatal error that occurs when attempting to save a payment method from the My Account > Add Payment Method page
2021.08.18 – version 1.2.1
- Tweak – Add the shipping address to requests when possible to improve transaction review
2021.07.26 – version 1.2.0
- Feature – Merchants can contact the support team directly from the plugin settings page using the “Get Help” link
2021.07.06 – version 1.1.3
- Fix – Include the correct company state parameter in signup link
- Misc – Update the connection settings description
- Misc – Update the documentation URL
2021.06.07 – version 1.1.2
- Fix – Catch additional validation errors from Poynt Collect at checkout
- Misc – Do not send partial authentications in charge transactions
- Misc – Parse customer name via Poynt Collect
2021.04.22 – version 1.1.1
- Misc – Remove unneeded composer packages
2021.04.22 – version 1.1.0
- Tweak – Append additional compliance data to business transactions for risk review
- Tweak – Add a currency check and admin notice if it’s not supported
- Tweak – The country admin notice is now visible in any admin page
- Misc – Remove support for Saved Card Verification
- Dev – Hardcode API Requests’ user-agent for consistency
- Dev – Include the complete site URL protocol in the sign up CTA link URL
2021.04.01 – version 1.0.0
- Initial release