This plugin adds a page to the admin under Users that includes a form for users to send email invitations to their friends to register at your site. You can also add the form to the front end of your site with the
invite_friends() template tag or the
IMPORTANT: This plugin will not allow invited friends to register unless you have registration turned on.
- Invite multiple friends at one time
- Customize the email subject and message that is sent
- Customize the URL to redirect a user to after they register
- Store successful registered users in the inviter’s user meta data
- Store the inviter in the new user’s meta data
Upload the plugin folder to your wp-content/plugins directory or find and install from the plugin admin area.
Activate and let user’s invite their friends under Users > Invite Friends!
Optional Next Steps:
- Add a front end form with the
invite_friends()template tag or the
- Customize the plugin’s settings found under Settings > Invite Friends
Contributors & Developers
“Invite Friends to Register” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Invite Friends to Register” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
0.3 – November 13, 2012
- Removed invfr_validate_email() from functions.php since it is no longer used
- added a filter to the tokens: invr_tokens
- added a filter to token replacements: invfr_token_replacements
- Changed return of invfr_get_settings() from an array of settings, the individually specified field
- Fixed data sanitization on the settings fields
0.2 – September 15, 2012
- Moved load textdomain to init
- Replaced invfr_validate_email() with is_email()
- Updated Ajax sendmail method
(Special thanks to Pippin Williamson for the code review and these fix suggestions!)
0.1 – August 31, 2012
- First Release