Me Widget is a widget designed to be used with WordPress 3.9 sites, and requires
having a Gravatar profile. Me Widget is similar to
Jetpacks Gravatar Profile Widget
but provides extra customization like using a avatar not on your Gravatar
profile or adding custom class tag to your avatar image easily from your
- Avatar : Display your Gravatar or a custom avatar.
- Profile Info : Display some, all, or none of the personal information
from your Gravatar profile.
- Customize : the way your avatar and profile data is displayed using
- CSS : Easy to edit or make your own styles by adding the style
template to your existing style sheet
- Social Icons* : Displays icons for your verified accounts from your
*Icons are provided by Font Awesome 4.1.0
created by Dave Gandy, the
font\’s cheat sheet is found here,
and the list that the widget recognizes is found here
(This list may not be complete, if there is an icon that is
in Awesome Fonts that should be included in this list please let me know).
Requirements: WordPress 3.9.* and PHP 5.
- Upload the entire me-widget folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the \’Plugins\’ menu in WordPress.
For more information on how to set up the widget please go to the Me Widget site.
- Place the widget into one of your side bars then under the
widget option first put in a
Gravatar Accountemail you wish to display then
If the email that was entered is valid you can then begin to select some of the options.
- A small preview of the data that is contained within each option will be shown
to the right of the check box label. If no data was retrieved for that item it
will be left blank.
- If you would like an image other than the one provided by Gravatar, enter
the url to the image in the
Custom Image Urltext box.
Image sizeyou can set the pixel width of the image (Note: this
is not the same as the display width). This option is not available for custom
- You can add attributes by listing them in
Image attributestext box.
width=30%, class=thumbnail right-align
gets converted to
A few styles have already been provided for you but you will most likely want to
make more. An example CSS has been provided for you in the
css folder named
Simply fill it in with your own styles. For images you can make your own
selectors then add them using the
Image attributes dialog.
More styles would be great. If you have one you would like to add to the widget
just give me a pull request at the site page.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Me Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Me Widget” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Patch to fix wrong email showing in widget.