PDF Creator Lite makes on-the-fly PDF documents of selected parts of your site. It has 2 main uses:
Use it on pages and posts so your readers can download PDFs:
Just put the
[pdf-lite] shortcode into your page or post and visitors can simply click a button to get a PDF document of that page.
Use the shortcode parameters to choose specific pages, categories, or the entire site. Here’s a few examples:
Makes a PDF of all posts:
Makes a PDF of all pages:
Makes a PDF of selected pages/posts (use post ids or slugs):
[pdf-lite page=”3, 28, my-post-slug”]
Makes a PDF of posts in the categories ‘music’ and ‘food’:
[pdf-lite cat=”music, food”]
Changes the download icon:
See the full list of parameters on the settings page ( Dashboard->Tools->PDF Creator ).
Use it as an admin tool to create customised PDFs of selected or all site pages (not posts):
- Customise the colours and fonts
- Simple and easy to use
Go to the settings page ( Dashboard->Tools->PDF Creator ) to make your PDF.
This plugin is supported by the University of Southampton
- Extract the zip file and copy contents in the wp-content/plugins/ directory of your WordPress installation
- Activate the Plugin from Plugins page.
Contributors & Developers
“PDF Creator Lite” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Added – Style options for shortcodes, the parameters are
fontcan be ‘times’, ‘helvetica’, or ‘courier’, and the colour options should be specified as hex values.
- Fixed – A PDF Creation issue under certain conditions (this only affected users trying to make pdfs of quiz questions generated by Quiz-Tool-Lite).
- Added – Frontend PDF downloads for site visitors, via the shortcode [pdf-lite]. The shortcode accepts various params to control the content in the pdf, see the settings page for a full list of options.
- Initial Release