I hate wasting time adding dummy content to a theme.
SCF Dummy Content quickly populates a site with dummy titles, content and featured images. It can create posts, pages, custom post types and terms for registered taxonomies.
I appreciate your comments and any ideas for improvement!
- Unzip and Upload all files in
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go the the Options page to customize the dummy content
- Can I upload my own images
Yes you can. In the options page there is an image uploader just for that.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“SCF Dummy Content” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “SCF Dummy Content” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Intial Version.
- Added Screenshots
- Added option to edit the title for terms
- Created shortcode for creating terms. User can insert the term being created into its title.
- Did some minor CSS to make the wysiwyg smaller and table larger.
- Filtered out some of the built_in post types and taxonomies(attachement, navigation items)
- Default post titles are “post_type” + number of post.
- Default term titles are “taxonomy name” + number of term.
- Added screenshots for WP.org
- Added functions to delete all posts and terms created by plugin. Thus deflating the site.
- Added link to Ipsum Lorem Generator
- Edited some content.
- Bug fix – user could only create posts and no other custom post types