A simple and easy to use plugin that turns post, pages and custom post types comments into reviews.
Its main features are as follows:
- Turns post, pages and custom post types comments into reviews.
- Allows you to choose post types on which you want to enable Stars Rating feature.
- An option to require rating selection to leave a review.
- Also, allows you to enable/disable stars rating feature for the posts and pages individually.
- An option to display stars rating in Google search results.
- Choose from two different rating stars styles according to your site look.
- Offers a shortcode [stars_rating_avg] to display average rating anywhere in the post/page
- See each review stars rating on the comments page (backend)
Method 1: WordPress Admin Interface
- Navigate to your WordPress dashboard and go to Plugins > Add New.
- In the search bar, enter “Stars Rating” and press Enter.
- Look for the plugin in the search results and click on the Install Now button.
- Once installed, click on the Activate button to activate the plugin.
Method 2: FTP Upload
- Download the plugin ZIP file and extract it.
- Connect to your server using an FTP client (e.g., FileZilla, Cyberduck).
- Upload the extracted plugin folder to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory on your server.
- Activate the plugin through the WordPress dashboard in Plugins > Installed Plugins.
Note: After installing the plugin go to the Settings > Discussion page (at the very bottom) and enable desired post types for the Stars Rating.
Contributors & Developers
“Stars Rating” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
* Improved plugin resources management
* Improved comments enable/disable compatability
* Improved plugin settings area styles
* Improved whole plugin code WRT the advance practices
* Added comments stars rating column to the comments page (dashboard)
* Updated language file
* Tested plugin with WordPress 6.4.1
* Updated language file.
* Tested plugin with WordPress 6.2
* Added average rating fallback when there is no review
* Improved average rating display markup for better control
* Updated language file.
* Tested plugin with WordPress 6.0.3
* Tested plugin with WordPress 5.9.1
* Minor sanitization functions update.
* Improved plugin from security point of view.
* Tested plugin with WordPress 5.8.2
* Tested plugin with WordPress 5.7.1
* Added translation missing strings to the translation.
* Tested with WordPress 5.4.1
* Added custom reviews type support for google search results.
* Added latest Gutenberg editor support.
* Allowed reviews reply without rating.
- Added an option to choose from two different rating stars style.
- Added an option to display stars rating in Google search results.
- Tested plugin with WordPress 5.1.1 and PHP 7.3.3
- Added an option to require rating selection
- Fixed styling issue
- Tested with WordPress 5.0
- Fixed the default rating value
- Added show/hide support for average rating above comments section
- Added “[stars_rating_avg]” shortcode support to display average rating in the post/page content area or loop
- Set the rating option in the comment form to 5 stars by default
- Tested plugin up to WP V4.9.8
- Initial Release