This plugin is no longer be supported from v1.1.4.
93digital’s widget duplicator plugin adds a ‘Clone’ link at the bottom of every widget. Simply click ‘Clone’ to make a copy of the widget that you can then drag and drop to another sidebar.
With the release of WordPress 5.8, the Widget area has had an overhaul and now uses it’s own version of the Gutenberg editor. This sadly renders this plugin redundant as it is only built to work with the older widget area, plus the new area comes with widget duplication functionality as standard.
To keep using the old widget area and this plugin, please add
remove_theme_support( 'widgets-block-editor' ) to the active theme’s functions.php file. You should only do this if you know what you are doing!
- Upload the widget-clone folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Activate the Widget Clone plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Navigate to Appearance – Widgets on the menu, open a widget and click the ‘Clone’ link to make a copy of the widget.
How do I clone a widget?
Navigate to Appearance – Widgets on the menu, open a widget and click the ‘Clone’ link to make a copy of the widget.
Contributors & Developers
“Widget Clone” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Widget Clone” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Tested with WordPress v5.8, using the old widget area (see plugin description) to test. This plugin does not work with the new Gutenberg widget area.
- Tested with WordPress v5.6
- Tested with WordPress v5.4.1
- Tested with WordPress v5.3.2
- No data
- First release