WPLegalPages is a popular and regularly updated legal pages generator plugin with more than 3,70,000 downloads. Bloggers, Affiliate Marketers, corporate websites, ecommerce stores, consultants use WPLegalPages for their legal requirements. You can generate professional policy pages tailored to your requirements across multiple geographies.
Privacy Notice for California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) – Free
Terms & Conditions Generator – Free
Generate a standard terms & conditions policy page. For a customized policy created using a guided wizard, please use the Pro Version.
DMCA Policy Generator – Free
- Add your business information.
- Select a legal policy page template.
- Click ‘Generate’.
Easy to install
Install and add legal policy pages to your website in 5 minutes or less.
GUIDED WIZARD TO GENERATE LEGAL PAGES (PRO FEATURE)
Generate complex legal pages like “Terms & Conditions” and “California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)” using a step-by-step guided wizard. Available in Pro Version only.
Customizable for various types of websites which sell in multiple countries like e-commerce, marketplace, SaaS.
Generated policy pages are regular WordPress pages. You can easily edit and update them.
The Compliance Settings tab has a set of useful settings that can help you with certain legal requirements.
– Add Legal Pages Link To The Footer
It is important that your legal pages are always visible and easily accessible to your website visitors. Using the footer link option you can automatically insert the links of your legal pages to the footer section of your website. You can also customize the appearance of the links added.
– Announcement Banner For Legal Pages
Whenever your legal pages get updated, it is essential to keep your users informed. Using this option, you can display an announcement banner on your website whenever your legal pages get updated. You can set the duration and customize the banner as per your choice.
– Cookie bar
Display a standard cookie consent notice on your WordPress website. Use the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin to display a cookie consent notice according to GDPR standards.
– Add age verification popup (Pro)
Using this feature, you can put a pop-up to restrict users below a particular age from entering your website. You can either add a Yes/No button, or ask the users to enter their date of birth. Required for websites, blogs and ecommerce sites that provide adult content or sell products/services meant for adults.
– Create popups (Pro)
You can enable this option to add popup messages to your website. In a few quick steps, you can choose the legal pages that you want to show as pop ups on your website.
TTTDSG (Telekommunikation-Telemedien-Datenschutzgesetz) is the Telecommunications and Telemedia Data Protection law adopted by the German Parliament recently.
Integrates with your favorite contact form (Pro Feature)
List of supported contact form plugins include:
- Contact Form 7
- Gravity Forms
- Ninja Forms
25+ pre-built policy templates (Pro Feature)
WPLegalPages comes with ready-to-use policy page templates. Fill in your business information and hit generate.
Option to force agreement (Pro Feature)
Force users to accept your policy before they can access a page or post. Available in Pro Version only.
One-click affiliate disclosure addition (Pro Feature)
Confirm with FTC guidelines. Add affiliate disclosure to the end of a page or post. Available in Pro Version only.
Premium Policy Pages
WPLegalPages Pro can generate 25+ premium policy pages including:
Website Terms & Conditions Pro
Wizard to customize Terms of Service or Terms & Conditions for different types of websites.
Amazon Affiliate Disclosure
Generate an Amazon Affiliate Disclosure policy page. Required for affiliate websites promoting Amazon products.
Affiliate Agreement Policy
Generate a standard affiliate agreement policy. Useful for businesses that run affiliate programs on their websites.
Affiliate Disclosure Policy
Generate an affiliate income disclosure policy page. Required by FTC for businesses promoting products by earning affiliate commissions.
Earnings Disclaimer Policy
Generate an earnings disclaimer policy page. Required by FTC for websites and blogs that have content related to income schemes, private finance etc.
Medical Disclaimer Policy
Generate a medical disclaimer policy to indemnify your website/blog from medical claims. Required for websites and blogs that provide content related to healthcare.
Generate a standard refunds policy page. Useful for ecommerce websites or websites that sell products/services on their website.
Generate a standard returns policy page. Useful for ecommerce websites or websites that sell physical products on their website.
Digital Goods Refunds Policy
Generate a standard refunds policy page. Useful for ecommerce websites or websites that sell digital products/services on their website.
Generate a standard COPPA policy page on your WordPress website. Required for websites and apps whose audience consists of children below 13 years of age.
Newsletter Subscription Policy
Generates a standard Newsletter Subscription Policy. Useful for businesses and blogs that run a newsletter subscription.
External Links Policy
Generates a standard External Links policy page. Covers the links to or from external websites, which are not owned or controlled by your website.
Anti Spam Policy
Generate a standard anti-spam policy. Required for businesses, applications or websites who allow users to send emails in bulk.
WPML Compatible – Learn more
Endorsements: If you need to disclose about your affiliate links on your website. This feature enables you to include disclaimer at the end of your posts which has affiliate links. You can also use the Affiliate Disclosure Block to add the disclaimer easily anywhere in your content on page or posts.
Learn more about WPLegalPages Pro.
Check out our specially curated playlist on YouTube for tutorial videos WPLegalPages tutorial videos.
Browse through our Help documentations and FAQs.
We’re continuously improving. Contact us on our website to have your wishlist added to the plugin.
If you like this plugin, then consider checking out our other projects:
WP Cookie Notice & Consent Banner for GDPR, CCPA & ePrivacy – WP Cookie Notice for GDPR, CCPA & ePrivacy Consent
WPeka Woo Auction Software – Host eBay like auctions or Simple / Reverse / Penny Auctions on your WooCommerce website
WP AdCenter – Easily Manage Ads on WordPress – Banner, Amazon, Google Adsense Ads
For more information and to take a look at the advanced WPLegalPages version, visit our website – WPLegalPages version.
From within WordPress
- Head over to your WordPress Dashboard
- Click on ‘Plugins > Add New’
- Type WPLegalPages on the search bar
- Select the WPLegalPages plugin
- Click on Install Now button, and then Activate
- Click on the ‘WPLegalPages’ admin menu to get started.
- On your WordPress Dashboard, click on ‘Plugins > Add New’
- Click on ‘Upload Plugin’, and select the plugin files that you have downloaded from WordPress.org.
- Install and activate the plugin.
- WPLegalPages menu will appear on the left hand side.
- Click on the ‘WPLegalPages’ admin menu to get started.
Refer the help and documentation to know more about How to Install WPLegalPages.
The Pro version is ideal:
– If you need to customize it for GDPR
– Use the guided wizard (Terms & Conditions)
– Specific Legal Needs (Disclaimers & Disclosures – Affiliates, Consultants, Medical Blogs, Marketers)
– Returns and Refunds (WooCommerce or e-Commerce Websites)
Can I generate a Returns and Refunds Policy for my WooCommerce store?
Yes! WPLegalPages Pro has a returns and refunds policy for your WooCommerce website. You can use the guided wizard to create a customized returns and refund policy for your WooCommerce store.
How can I generate a Terms and Conditions policy for my WooCommerce store?
How to create a GDPR contact form?
The Cookie Notice feature of this plugin is useful for small websites to show basic cookie notice. To have GDPR compliant notices, use the GDPR Cookie Consent Plugin
Why use WPLegalPages?
GDPR, FTC and other privacy regulators along with ad networks require you to have legal policy pages on your website. Instead of spending hours researching and creating your own policy pages, use WPLegalPages to generate them in a few clicks.
How to use WPLegalPages?
- Click on the ‘WPLegalPages’ admin menu.
- Accept the disclaimer.
- Fill in business details.
- Click create legal pages >> Select the type of legal template >> Publish.
- You can also use shortcodes of each template and save it as a post or page.
Will it protect my website?
WPLegalPages provides you pre-approved templates. You may want to customize it as per your needs. Please consult your lawyer for any specific needs for compliance with your local law regulators.
Contributors & Developers
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Update: WordPress 6.1 compatibility.
- Feature: Added Wizard to create a Legal Pages.
- Update: UI Improvement for settings Page.
- Update: Updated UTM paramaters for links.
- Feature: Added Standard CCPA Template.
- Update: Added shortcode for published pages in ‘All Legal Pages’.
- Fix: Show legal pages in footer.
- Fix: Template names displayed in editor.
- Update: New Improved Settings UI.
- Update: WordPress 5.9 compatibility.
- Update: Help mascot added on all the pages.
- Update: Updated third-party libraries.
- Update: Added option to revoke consent for anonymous usage data for the user.
- Fix: Code as per WordPress coding standards.
- Fix: Security related issues fixed.
- Fix: Security related issues fixed.
- Update: Option to add Cookie bar.
- Update: UI Changes on Settings Page.
- Update: Option to add Legal Pages link in Footer.
- Update: Option to add announcement banner.
- Fix: Minor plugin fix.
- Update: Minor UI changes on Create Legal Page.
- Update: Analytics tracking library.
- Fix: PHP 8 compatibility issues fixed.
- Update: Restructured Getting started page.
- Update: Added Last updated date in policy template.
- Update: Plugin name change.
- Update: Compatibility with latest WordPress 5.8.
- Update: Update available pro template list.
- Feature: Widget to add Legal Pages to the sidebar.
- Feature: Easily add Legal Pages to your theme menu.
- Update: Language translations POT file.
- Fix: Fixed vulnerability issue for analytics within the plugin.
- Update: Redesigned Getting started page.
- Update: Notice to track usage analytics for the plugin.
- Feature: Compatible with WPML. Setup privacy policies on multilingual websites.
- Fix: Compatibility with sub-folder based WordPress instances.
- Update: Test and minor changes for WordPress 5.4.1 compatibility.
- Update: Improved website performance and theme customizer integration.
- Update: Improved integration with Pro features.
- Update: Added Getting Started menu to help easy setup of Privacy or any other terms pages on WordPress.
- Update: Improved compatibility with the Pro Privacy Generation Wizard.
- Update: Templates and minor plugin updates.
Update: Minor plugin updates.
Feature: Added standard California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and Terms and Conditions policy templates.
Update: Made compatible with WordPress 5.3.2.
Update: Updated link for show credit.
Update: Made compatible with WordPress 5.3.1.
Update: Minor plugin updates.
Fix: Fatal error if Analytics SDK is included in two or more plugins installed on the same instance.
Feature: Added feedback form on plugin deactivation.
Update: Updated template HTML structure.
Update: Code updated as per WordPress standards.
Fix: Pro integration issue.
Fix: Minification issue.
Fix: Filter for Legal template count.
Integration of WPLegalPages Pro version.
Fixed issue with filter for Legal Pages rendering
Improved design of Admin screens.
Compatibility with WordPress 5.2.2
Updated Admin menu for WPLegalPages Cookies.
Made compatible with WordPress 5.2.1
Made compatible with WPLegalPages Cookie Consent Addon.
Fixed broken links.
Compatible with WordPress 5.1.1
Admin panel UI improvement
Template not updated after activation of the plugin
Minor dashboard changes.
Fixed conflict issues.
Minor changes in dashboard.
Fixed issues related to shortcode rendering.
Tested upto WordPress version 4.8.
Added subscription form.
Made Compatible with WordPress 4.7.1
Fix give credit option issue.
Fix for css/js load to prevent conflict with other plugins.
Added EU Cookies Policy.
Added Give Credit option.
Compatible with PHP 7.0.
Added list of Pro templates
Added new DMCA template
Updated for Compatibility with WP 4.5.3. Improved Admin Dashboard for easy creation of policy pages
WPLegalPages is now compatible with WordPress 4.5.
Added banner to upgrade WPLegalPages Pro version on plugin dashboard
Base version of the plugin.