Make the process of adding footnotes to your WordPress pages and posts effortless with the CreativeMinds WordPress Footnotes Plugin. 2023 Improved Version
This plugin allows you to seamlessly add footnotes to any page or post on your site, providing additional context and information to your readers without cluttering the main content. With its easy-to-use interface, you can add footnotes with just a few clicks, streamlining your content creation process.
By adding footnotes to your WordPress site, you can provide additional resources, citations, or explanations for your readers, which can improve their understanding and engagement with your content. Additionally, the plugin is fully compatible with mobile devices, ensuring that your content is accessible to all users.
Basic Footnotes Plugin Features
- Add a footnote to every page or post, or custom post types.
- Customize the basic footnote style and design.
- Footnotes can be placed anywhere in the post or page using a shortcode.
- Specify unique footnote link symbols for each definition.
- Supports autoscrolling from the footnote link to the definition at the bottom of the page
Pro Version Features
- Supports backlinks to footnotes from definitions at the bottom of the page.
- Extended styling settings for footnote links, footnote list at the bottom of the page and for tooltips.
- Add dashicons to every footnote. These are displayed next to the definition at the bottom of the page, making your articles much more attractive.
- Add external links to each footnote definition.
- Display definitions in posts and pages as nice-looking tooltips.
Suggested Plugins by CreativeMinds
- CM Super ToolTip Glossary – Easily creates a Glossary, Encyclopaedia or Dictionary of your website’s terms and shows them as a tooltip in posts and pages when hovering. With many more powerful features.
- CM Download Manager – Allows users to upload, manage, track and support documents or files in a download directory listing database for others to contribute, use and comment upon.
- CM Answers Plugin – A fully-featured WordPress Questions & Answers Plugin that allows you to build multiple discussion forum systems Just like StackOverflow, Yahoo Answers and Quora, Now with MicroPayment and Anonymous posting support!.
- CM OnBoarding – Superb Guidance tool which improves the online experience and
the user satisfaction.
- Upload the plugin folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Define your footnote terms under the footnote menu item in the administration interface. The title of the page should be the term. The body content should be the definition.
- Create a main footnote page (example “Footnote”) with no body content if you wish to. If you do not create this page then your terms will still be highlighted but there will not be a central listing of all your terms.
- In the plugin’s dashboard preferences, enter the main footnote page’s id (optional as above)
- There are a handful of other optional preferences available in the dashboard.
Note: You must have a call to wp_head() in your template in order for the footnote js and css to work properly. If your theme does not support this you will need to link to these files manually in your theme (not recommended).
Contributors & Developers
“CM Footnotes” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Release Date: 21st Mar 2023
* Update package info
Release Date: 23th Nov 2022
* Fixed the bug when displaying the footnotes on the archive/blog/home page
Release Date: 9th Nov 2022
* Replace Internal support links