The best Database Cleaner since 2022! Clean your database for real, whatever its size is. It also focuses on what matters, in order to make your WordPress faster. A friendly and modern UI will help you making everything perfect. If there are too much data to delete, Database Cleaner will use asynchronous requests to process it little by little to avoid errors and timeouts.
You’ll find more information here: Database Cleaner.
IMPORTANT: Always prepare a backup of your data before using such a plugin! It works well, but it is better be safe than sorry 🙂
- Easy and Expert modes.
- Auto Clean button. Choose the items you’d like to clean automatically, and let the plugin do the job for you!
- Keep statistics and historical data about your DB size.
- Allow you to browse your data to better understand it.
- Handle oversized databases thanks to asynchronous and decently sized requests.
- User-friendly UI.
What does it clean
The usual, which are: Revisions, Auto-Drafts, Deleted Posts, Orphaned Post Meta, Orphaned Term Meta, Orphaned Term Relationships, oEmbed Caches, Unused Terms, Duplicated Term Meta, Duplicated Post Meta, Orphaned User Meta, Duplicated User Meta, Unapproved Comments, Spammed Comments, Deleted Comments, Orphaned Comments Data, Duplicated Comments Data, Expired, Transients, All Transients.
Database Cleaner also gives you specific tools to analyze and check how your data is used for:
- Post Types
- Cron Jobs
Database Cleaner use its own references and analysis to figure out by which plugins or themes your data is used. An even better support of this feature is supported in the Pro Version.
Why this plugin?
There are other database cleaners. I used them, but I always felt they were imperfect, with old UI, while missing features and ways to look into the data, and worse: none of them can actually can handle big databases! Based on all those issues, I craft my own, and here is the result. I’ll add features while keeping the UI as simple and neat as possible.
Any feedback? I am here 🙂 I would love to talk with you and make Database Cleaner better for you.
- Upload the plugin to WordPress.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to Meow Apps -> Database Cleaner in the sidebar and check the appropriate options.
- Click on the button to clean your database automatically.
Contributors & Developers
“Database Cleaner & Optimizer” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Add: Support for a lot of new plugins.
- Update: Cleaner UI, let me know how to improve it further.
- Info: Please leave a review here 💕 That would help me a lot 🍀 Thank you!
- Add: New option to add a delay between each request. This is useful when you have a lot of data to clean, and you want to avoid timeouts.
- Update: The chart now works a bit differently and can switch between DB size and percent change.
- Fix: Little fixes for better requests.
- Add: New button to generate random fake data. Only for debugging purposes.
- Update: Better UI with better buttons, and colored alternative rows.
- Update: Used By data is now more overridable.
- Added: Support for WordPress 6.1.
- Added: Support for PHP 8.1.
- Added: Custom Queries.
- Fix: There were a few notices and warnings.
- Added: Support for more plugins.
- Update: We can now override the ‘Used By’.
- Update: Optimize the ‘Used By’ feature.
- Add: Pingbacks.
- Add: Improved browsing of the data.
- Update: Improved the loading of data.
- Update: Chart use log scale.
- Update: Options are handled differently (UI will be more responsive).
- Add: Better support for plugins.
- Add: A little chart to show the evolution of the DB size.
- Add: Added support for Expired Transients.
- Fix: There was a bug while deleting certain cron jobs.
- Add: Support for more plugins.
- Update: Store everything in only one option instead of many.
- Update: Optimized the way options are loaded and updated.
- Update: Update the size of the DB every day automatically.
- Update: The UI is now a bit more elegant.
- Add: We can now disable the message which is above the dashboard.
- Fix: The columns weren’t aligned properly.
- Fix: Tiny technical enhancements to make things smoother.
- Add: Easy/Expert Switch. The plugin now fits two kinds of user.
- Update: More UI improvements, we are getting close to perfection!? Let me know! 💕
- Fix: It was not possible to select many tables at once.
- Fix: Assigning a plugin to a specific cron task wasn’t working.
- Add: New plugins support.
- Update: Little changes in the UI and how it works, should feel natural.
- Update: Assign Plugin now refreshes the items right away.
- Update: Assign Plugin now features a filter to associate to plugins faster.
- Update: Better UX when the plugin is busy.
- Fix: Could not delete or optimize tables without prefix.
- Update: Use a button instead of a link to associate an item with a plugin.
- Add: Now possible to select a range of checkboxes/items by using SHIFT.
- Fix: There was a little UI issue with the columns.
- Add: Deep-Cleaning option for Pro.
- Add: We can now see/check all the data of all Posts through paging (by using the glass magnifier icon).
- Update: My library Neko UI was improved (that will impact the UI positively).
- Update: Enhanced the loading of the data of the first tab, for a smoother and nicer experience.
- Update: Additional support for other plugins.
- Update: Lot of little UI enhancements.
- Update: Additional support for other plugins.
- Fix: The handling of the _user_roles option was wrong.
- Update: Icons have been updated; the trash means some data will be removed, while the cross means the item will be entirely removed (in a case of a table, it means it will be dropped).
- Update: Better handling of the Used By column with support of regexp.
- Update: Little UI enhancements to avoid extra clicks.
- Fix: Retrieve better option value for the modal.
- Add: We can now check what is the data stored by an option.
- Fix: Better UI for handling the Used By.
- Fix: Better support for ACF and various other plugins.
- Fix: Little UI enhancements to handle the “Used By” data.
- Add: Support for item used by frameworks.
- Fix: Better support for Elementor.
- Update: Lot of UI enhancements. More to come next week!
- Fix: Removed some warnings on the PHP side which were sometimes breaking the asynchronous requests.
- Add: We can now copy/paste the whole customized data related to Used By.
- Add: Sort by name, size, used by, etc.
- Add: Search for name, used by, etc.
- Fix: There was an issue with the count for transients.
- Update: Better filters, improved UI.
- Add: User can now choose a plugin for the “Used By” column.
- Fix: Removed a few warnings and enhanced the filters.
- Fix: The count was wrong for Post Types.
- Fix: Better handling of “Used By” overrides (to make sure we get some better information about how an item is used).
- Add: Checkbox to hide the items “Used by WordPress”.
- Add: Paging for Post Types, Tables.
- Fix: Statistics were not updated after Auto Clean.
- Update: Again, many UI enhancements.
- Update: Many UI enhancements, buttons were simplified and actions moved on the left (to make it clearer which item it is linked to), smoother busy statuses.
- Add: Autoload is now a checkbox (which we can enabled/disabled).
- Update: Changed the way (and filters) the items can be selected in bulk.
- Fix: There was some issues with deleting cron jobs.
- Fix: Little UI issues.
- Update: Possibility to select more than one item at the time.
- Add: Cron Tabs.
- Fix: The percentage was sometimes off.
- Add: Support for Meow Apps plugins.
- Add: Ability to see how much the DB increased or decreased over time.
- Add: Checkbox to select tables.
- Update: Improved UI.
- Fix: Compatibility with MariaDB.
- Add: Optimize for tables.
- Update: Better UI for Options.
- Update: UI enhancements.
- Add: Support for “Used By” for WordPress Core, WooCommerce, and the whole system behind it (actions, filters).
- Update: Better SQL queries.
- Update: Better UI.
- Add: A way to look into the data which is going to be removed.
- Add: More ways to delete in bulk.
- Fix: A few UI bugs related to refreshing.
- Update: The UI is always evolving! Better and better! (and we are not done)
- Update: Better buffered deletions.
- Update: Dynamicity of the UI has improved a lot.
- Add: Finally, support for big installs, with buffered deletions!
- Update: A bunch of fixes and enhancements.
- Update: Doesn’t work with risk level anymore, but a simpler option.
- Update: UI improvements.
- Add: Logging.
- Update: More information about what the plugin is cleaning after clicking the Clean DB button.
- Update: Nice UI improvements.
- Add: Support for removing tables, and check by which plugins they are used.
- Add: Ignore status for Risk column.
- Info: Additional and various enhancements.
- Fix: The default Risk Treshold was too high.
- Update: Small improvements, tables percentages, etc.
- Add: Table statistics.
- Update: Improve UI (buttons, organization, etc).
- Info: First release.