Start keeping track of points for kids, students, or employees for specific accomplishments. Keeping Points is a plugin that makes it easy to implement such a system with a button display front-end.
Simply choose how many accomplishments, in the form of buttons, you would like displayed for each person, the amount of points each button is worth, and the amount of people to display buttons for in the admin options page. These accomplishments will display in the form of buttons on the front end of your website for each person.
After you fill in the above information with detail regarding the accomplishment titles and the names for each person you have a working progam with one simple step. All the user must do is copy the shortcode to any page in WordPress and the buttons will display.
Example: You choose an accomplishment with the title of sales for all employees. You also choose the 10 points each employees will recieve if they meet this goal. After you paste the shortcode on your desired page a button appears with the text sales and for each employee. When clicked for employee Steve, the 10 points is added to his total amount.
The Keeping Points plugin also includes
- An option to reset all names on deactivation, which will reset back to the plugins default state therefore deleting all names and accomplishments.
- Responsive buttons that use the popular bootstrap framework.
*Ajax calls to automatically retrieve points from database for better user experience.
Let me know if you have any suggestions to make this a more useful plugin.
In the future I hope to add the following:
- Add options to change text in the results area where the points are displayed.
- Change the user interface to have the options to exclude buttons and just display points and accomplishments in table format.
Please rate the Keeping Points if you find it useful, thanks.
See our WordPress development site for more information or requests.
If you have found this plugin at all useful, please consider visiting our development site to make a donation. Thanks!
The Plugin can be installed directly from the main WordPress Plugin page.
- Go to the Plugins => Add New plugin.
- Enter ‘Keeping Points’ (without quotes) in the textbox and click the ‘Search Plugins’ button.
- In the list of relevant Plugins click the ‘Install’ link for Keeping Points on the right side of the plugin option.
- Click the ‘Install Now’ button on the popup page.
- Click ‘Activate Plugin’ to finish installation.
- That’s it!
- Can I create two separate programs and display them on different pages? No, not at this time. If I get enough requests for this option I will work on adding this feature to the next version.
- How many buttons or accomplishments can I add to a program. There is no limit,but it will not look great with too many buttons. I would try to limit accomplishments or goals to 5 or
8 in order to maintain a nice overall look to your page.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Keeping Points” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors